Monday, April 7, 2008

Oh Weather Man How I Loathe Thee...

...let me count the ways. Here's the depressing thing about April on Cape Cod: While the rest of the state gets the occasional 55-65 degree day, we are usually stuck in the mid to upper 40's. The reason you ask? The Atlantic Ocean. While it gives us a nice cool seabreeze in the summer, it gives us a bone chilling wind in the spring. It is not uncommon to see a 20 degree difference between our temperature and the one posted for Boston (a mere hour and a half away). I know I can't complain too much, with people like Jeff from Iowa and Jogger Blogger from the UK dodging snowflakes. I guess it certainly could be worse. But then I see Jeff from MO, Matt from Miss., and Rae from FL enjoying spring...they may be dealing with April showers, but at least the thermometer is on the rise!! Anyway, enough whining.

Supposedly we are going to see low 60's on Wednesday. That even includes us out here on the "sand bar". I'm skeptical, but hopeful. This is my best opportunity to get outside for a decent run this week. I'm hoping to put in a 3.5-4 mile run. Although, after reading Deb's blog, maybe I'll be feeling good and decide to stretch it into a 5 miler.

On a side note, I just bought the book that Jonathan was touting..."The Courage to Start." I'm through the first two chapters and so far I know one thing...I need new running shoes!!! This will be a goal before the weather gets really nice. I figure they are most important when running outside. I don't think my Asics are doing me too wrong on the elliptical.

I'm excited about seven complete days of mileage. I logged another 2.65 today on the elliptical. I've been slacking in the push-up/sit-up category, but I'm confident that I'll be making up ground in that area over the next couple of weeks.

Keep up the good work Team Voice...you're all inspiring me to stay strong in this months challenge!!

3 comments:

Matt said...

I think we all hate our weather! Believe me, MS weather sucks too! Yea, it's nice for right now, but you'll be hearing me complain VERY soon!

If we keep encouraging each other, we'll all get through it.

DebWDW said...

The only good thing about a delayed spring is that us cold-weather TVers are getting to pamper our knees and ankles with more time on treadmills and ellipticals instead of pounding the pavement!

Rae! said...

It is hot here, the humidity is trying to to come back and we have had to kick the a/c on. Yuck!!!! I would love it to be in the cool 60's.